Our children often take on many of the hobbies that we expose them to. With many current and former gamers becoming parents, there are going to be more and more kids in the future who also get into gaming.
Why not keep them supplied with some decent equipment for their hobby? I’ve already done a guide to the best gaming headsets for kids. While important, a gaming headset isn’t all your child will need, though.
If you’re equipping them with a complete battle station, they’ll also need a quality gaming chair. Generally, kids are quite a bit different from adults when it comes to their needs, which is why I’ve compiled a list of the best gaming chairs for kids.
Let me show you what I found.
Top 6 Best Gaming Chairs for Kids
Depending on how old you are, getting up from the floor and down on the floor might seem like a hassle for your knees. For your kids, though, this isn’t a problem.
Another benefit to floor chairs like this is they don’t need as much space. If you’re looking for something that you can much more easily squeeze into a child’s bedroom, this is a good choice.
Plus, it comes in three different colors. You can coordinate the color of the chair with the color of your home or more specifically your child’s space.
- Small and light for easy storage and transport.
- Doesn’t take up a lot of space.
- Comes in three different colors.
- The seat can rock, which is excellent for high-energy children.
- You don’t need to assemble the chair.
- The frame is made from long-lasting hardwood; in fact, many parents have noted that it withstands rough usage handily.
- There are some reports of the padding getting flattened, so this chair is likely better for younger kids than older ones.
Does your kid have a desk in their room? Or do they just have more room to accommodate larger pieces of furniture?
In that case, you may want to consider this X Rocker leather chair. It’s raised off the ground, which is better for using alongside desks.
Your kid is also bound to love the wireless connectivity. It can connect to all sorts of electronic devices, allowing them to pull sound right through their chair, making the experience even more immersive.
Need to store it or move it? That’s a piece of cake, too, since the chair can be folded in half.
- For easy transport, the chair can be folded in half.
- Can be connected wirelessly to various devices for a more immersive audio experience.
- It’s raised on a pedestal, which is better for using at a desk.
- It can easily swivel around, so your child doesn’t need to lift and reposition the chair every time they want to look in a different direction.
- Some assembly is required.
- A few people have noted that the shape of the chair means it may not be as comfortable for people who are really short because of the curve.
There’s nothing like kicking back in a cushy recliner when you’re tired out. With the Vitesse Gaming Recliner, you can ensure your child has that same level of relaxation when they’re gaming…or whenever they just want to kick back with a book, their tablet, or their phone.
It’s designed to be ergonomic, as well, to keep them extra comfortable. There’s a soft headrest and lumbar support in the back to encourage better posture.
I also personally love the storage bags it has built into the sides. Your children can keep their controllers, phones, tablets, and random other things nearby whenever they sit in the chair.
- The frame is made from durable hardwood, so it won’t break anytime soon.
- It’s available in three different colors.
- There are built-in pockets around the base of the chair to store your belongings.
- It’s covered in waterproof and easy-to-clean PU leather.
- Filled with high-density foam for total comfort.
- Has a headrest cushion and lumbar support for good posture.
- Since it’s heavier and doesn’t have wheels, it’s definitely less mobile than the other chairs on this list.
- Some assembly required.
Let me be honest here: I was pretty excited when I found this one. I’m not even a big Marvel fan, but I can just imagine how many kids out there have grown up watching the recent Marvel movies and fallen in love with various heroes.
That’s what I think makes this chair perfect. You can get it in three different patterns: a Captain America pattern, a Spiderman pattern, and an Iron Man pattern. All of them look fairly sleek.
Does your child like to stay up late on the weekends gaming? Then they’ll love how this chair can also recline, so they can lean back for a nap after a late-night session, too.
- Designed to call to mind three popular Marvel heroes: Captain America, Spiderman, and Iron Man.
- I don’t know how much kids will like this aspect, but it does have a USB lumbar massager built into it.
- The chair reclines, so your children can take a nap in it when they get tired.
- Has more of a traditional gaming chair look so they can emulate any gaming adults in their lives.
- Made from easy to clean and scratch resistant leather with a solid steel frame.
- Can be a bit more expensive than some of the other chairs on this list.
- Some owners have noted that a few of the bolt holes are crooked, which can make assembly a bit tedious.
If you want your kid to have a more traditional-looking gaming chair for a bit more of an affordable price, I’d recommend something like this OFM Racing Style Bonded Leather Gaming Chair. Generally, it’s quite budget-friendly, but still has that familiar racing-style silhouette.
I also like how this one comes in the widest range of colors and patterns yet. Assuming your child has a favorite color, the odds are high that you can get this chair in that color.
Additionally, this is one of the few times I’ve encountered a racing-style gaming chair with padded arms. I cannot stress to you how uncomfortable the armrests can be, so the padding on these armrests will likely be a relief for long hours of gaming.
- It has padded armrests.
- Comes in a huge range of colors and patterns.
- You can flip the armrests up out of the way if you need more room.
- Generally quite affordable.
- There is padding all over the seat and headrest of the chair to increase comfort.
- Some have said that the mesh padding feels cheap.
- Assembly required.
I add this basic GTRacing Gaming Chair to a lot of our gaming chair lists because it’s just a good, basic gaming chair to have. It’s nothing fancy, and I can’t guarantee that it will be the kind of chair that will last for several years and beyond or anything. But for its decent price, I think it’s a good deal.
For one thing, it offers you a solid variety of color options. They all look really polished and sleek, so if your child ever gets into streaming, it will look good on video.
Most aspects of the chair are adjustable. You can tweak the height, the tilt, and the armrests. This is good, because as your kid continues to grow, they’ll likely be able to adjust the chair to their needs.
Another thing I love about this one is the rocking function. I’ve always rocked back and forth when I’m concentrating, when I’m nervous, or when I just have a lot of energy – and I still do it even today. If your kid also likes to work off energy that way, this will be a great chair for them.
- It’s a little more expensive than some other models on this list, but still a decent price.
- Comes in several attractive color combinations.
- Most aspects are adjustable, including height, tilt, and armrests.
- You can buy a separate Bluetooth adapter for the chair, so it connects to your child’s electronics.
- It can recline and lock, so kids can nap in the chair when they’re tired.
- The speakers aren’t exactly the highest in quality, so not necessarily a great feature for audiophiles.
More Like This: Best Gaming Chairs with Speakers
What to Look for When Buying a Gaming Chair for Kids
As adults, we often try to hide the fact that we’re drawn to appearances with sayings like, “don’t judge a book by the cover.” Kids, however, are much more up-front about it and will totally admit to being drawn to products based purely on appearance.
In other words, you may want to look for a gaming chair that looks cool if you can find one. I tried to include a couple examples on this list that stray out of the traditional racing chair design that you’ll see everywhere these days.
But of course, you want to factor in what your child likes in this regard. Consider their favorite colors and designs. If they’re a fan of the Marvel universe, for example, you could think about going with the Marvel Avengers Gaming Chair I included in this list.
With some exceptions, kids are generally smaller than adults. Size and adjustability are therefore even more important to pay attention to when you’re looking for a gaming chair that will be used for a child.
Look for qualities that allow you to adjust the height of the chair, for starters. The good news is that this is usually a standard feature in most gaming chairs. But I’d take it a step further and say, if you can, find adjustable armrests, too.
This might not be necessary for all the chairs in this list. Some are designed to rest directly on the floor, for example, so they don’t really need an adjustable height.
The material of the gaming chair is important for a huge number of reasons. It adds to the look, helps increase its longevity (so you get the most out of your investment!), and can affect how comfortable the chair is.
PU leather is easily the most common seating material for gaming chairs. Personally, I’m ambivalent about PU leather chairs – they have their benefits, like being easy to clean. But I also hate the way they stick to my skin if I wear shorts or the way some of the faux leather rips and tears off of them with time.
A genuine leather chair may be too costly, and you’re not going to find a lot of cloth chairs. However, you can always add pads or covers to the gaming chair if you need to make it more comfortable.
Another thing to look at is what the base is made from. I prefer to see metal bases, as I feel that increases their durability. This may be even more important for a children’s gaming chair that’s likely to see a lot of rough use over the duration of its lifespan.
Unless you have a limitless budget, there’s a simple truth to buying stuff for your children: you usually want the most affordable products possible. This is true even if it means, to some degree, that you’re sacrificing a little on quality.
Kids have interests that change rapidly. Additionally, they often put their personal belongings through rough treatment, whether intentionally or on accident. Let’s face it: children are generally just clumsier than adults.
I always think budget is important to consider for purchases as large as a gaming chair, but it’s even more vital when you’re buying something for your children. You wouldn’t want to spend a ton on something that is likelier to be broken sooner or that your child may not even use as often weeks or months from today.
That’s why I added chairs to this list that, in general, are very affordable. I felt that it’s easier to invest in one knowing that it won’t necessarily cost you an arm and a leg.
Buying gifts for children can be fun, I think. Although some can be picky, I think more often than not, kids are more open to the gifts they receive as they get deeper into their hobbies. It’s quite a bit different from buying something for an adult who’s already well-established in their hobbies – you never know if the gift you get them is up to par. Picking gaming chairs for this list, therefore, was surprisingly exciting. My personal favorite is the Marvel Gaming Chair because I can just imagine so many people – adults and children alike – loving a chair that helps them express their fandom.